DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Christmas Presents Idea in a.b.p.w. (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/184024-christmas-presents-idea-b-p-w.html)

charlie b November 27th 06 08:07 PM

Christmas Presents Idea in a.b.p.w.

Picked up a bunch of 3/8" diameter by 3 1/2" long
glass test tube type inserts at the last WWing show
and finally got around to using some of them. Weed
pots are nice but won't hold water. Make 'em a little
bigger and add the inserts and they'll actually keep
a flower alive for days.

So if you're looking for ideas for stocking stuffers
or small presents - have a look.

charlie b

[email protected] November 28th 06 04:44 AM

Christmas Presents Idea in a.b.p.w.

Hey Charlie

Just make sure people KNOW the glass tubes are in there when they want
to look on the bottom and turn the bud vases over,----- crashhhhhh.

DAMHIKT

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Mark Fitzsimmons November 28th 06 09:46 PM

Christmas Presents Idea in a.b.p.w.

Tape over the top is a good clue. I do this test tube thing from time
to time and it works great! You can also find plastic test tubes which
are good for this reason.

I found another easy to turn present I'll be making for my green thumb
relatives:

http://pathtofreedom.com/peddlerswag...ls/index.shtml
newspaper seedling pot maker

[email protected] November 28th 06 09:57 PM

Christmas Presents Idea in a.b.p.w.

Hi Mark

I don't like the tape much so I now keep the glass ampules separate,
just a lot safer :-))

I also use some plastic pots, the ones with a cap as used by the flower
arrangers.

Seen the potmaker also, Lee Valley sells them, but never made or used
one myself.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo