Old October 8th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Nova DVR

I know this question comes up every month or so, but I have
to ask again. What are some of the opinions on the Nova DVR
lathe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

LB

Old October 10th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
LBledsoe wrote:

I know this question comes up every month or so, but I have
to ask again. What are some of the opinions on the Nova DVR
lathe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

LB

I have one (actually a DVR-XP), any specific questions?

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Old October 10th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 05:47:41 -0700, Ralph E Lindberg wrote:

In article ,
LBledsoe wrote:

I know this question comes up every month or so, but I have
to ask again. What are some of the opinions on the Nova DVR
lathe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

LB

I have one (actually a DVR-XP), any specific questions?

Just one, Ralph...
Can I have it? *g*

I keep looking at the XP in the catalog and have definite Nova envy...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Old October 10th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

LBledsoe wrote:

I know this question comes up every month or so, but I have
to ask again. What are some of the opinions on the Nova DVR
lathe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

LB

I have one (actually a DVR-XP), any specific questions?

Just one, Ralph...
Can I have it? *g*

I keep looking at the XP in the catalog and have definite Nova envy...
Mac

The "New" 3000 is supposed to be out in December. Was originally billed as
a target of ~995 USD. Not likely, but that'd be the bargain of bargains in
16" swing lathes.

Old October 10th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

LBledsoe wrote:
I know this question comes up every month or so, but I have
to ask again. What are some of the opinions on the Nova DVR
lathe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

LB

I have had mine a couple of months. Love it. Only complaint: It needs a
big old red OFF button.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Absence makes the heart go wander.

Old October 11th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

In article ,
"George" wrote:

The "New" 3000 is supposed to be out in December. Was originally billed as
a target of ~995 USD. Not likely, but that'd be the bargain of bargains in
16" swing lathes.

Do you mean the 1624-44?
http://www.teknatool.com/products/La...va%20_1624.htm

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
Old October 11th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Ralph E Lindberg" wrote in message
"George" wrote:

The "New" 3000 is supposed to be out in December. Was originally billed
as
a target of ~995 USD. Not likely, but that'd be the bargain of bargains
in
16" swing lathes.

Do you mean the 1624-44?
http://www.teknatool.com/products/La...va%20_1624.htm

Sure looks like a duck....

Old October 11th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:16:46 GMT, "George" wrote:

.. .

LBledsoe wrote:

I know this question comes up every month or so, but I have
to ask again. What are some of the opinions on the Nova DVR
lathe?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

LB

I have one (actually a DVR-XP), any specific questions?

Just one, Ralph...
Can I have it? *g*

I keep looking at the XP in the catalog and have definite Nova envy...
Mac

The "New" 3000 is supposed to be out in December. Was originally billed as
a target of ~995 USD. Not likely, but that'd be the bargain of bargains in
16" swing lathes.

Must be a different one than I've been looking at... it's over $2,000 and looks
like a big-assed drill... no belts and the spindle is part of the motor..

Old October 11th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"George" wrote:

The "New" 3000 is supposed to be out in December. Was originally billed
as
a target of ~995 USD. Not likely, but that'd be the bargain of bargains
in
16" swing lathes.

Do you mean the 1624-44?
http://www.teknatool.com/products/La...va%20_1624.htm

Sure looks like a duck....

Definitely not what I'm lusting after... no DVR there, that I see, just an 8
speed belt...

Old October 11th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"mac davis" wrote in message
Definitely not what I'm lusting after... no DVR there, that I see, just an
8
speed belt...

All you need, if you've got the talent....

Nova 3K George Woodturning 32 July 19th 05 06:03 PM
WTB - Nova 3000 lathe Rob McConachie Woodturning 17 September 10th 04 04:31 PM
FS: Nova 3000 & Outboard Tool Rest for Nova DVR3000 and 3000 Lathes bob bauer Woodturning 0 August 22nd 04 04:35 AM
FS: Nova Ornamental Turning Attachment Nick Silva Woodturning 3 July 26th 04 02:04 AM
Nova chuck on Jet mini 1014? Joe Woodturning 3 January 28th 04 07:10 PM