Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Thoughts on Self-Mutilation

"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the
keyboard, where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Shellac, disoved in alcohol, cut fingers, ouch, ouch, ouch! See, the shop is
safe but cooking can be dangerous to your health. (Or so says my doctor when
he looks at my waistline.)

______
God bless and safe turning and cooking
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"George" wrote in message
t...
"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to

tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the
keyboard, where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Shellac, disoved in alcohol, cut fingers, ouch, ouch, ouch! See, the shop
is
safe but cooking can be dangerous to your health. (Or so says my doctor
when
he looks at my waistline.)

______
God bless and safe turning and cooking
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"George" wrote in message
t...
"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to

tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the
keyboard, where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Going to school for a few days, continuing education so I can consider my
own type of ministry, so I turned something I could oil up between laundry
and meal preparation. Oil didn't bother it a bit, and Susan's bringing home
a box of handyman bandages, including a "fingertip" bandage. Not tamarack,
just yellow birch. Have to turn some tamarack again someday.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...tmate-Dish.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...h-Opposite.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George, Mutilation implies that the injury was your intention. Perhaps you meant
'self-injury?' Either way, for the latter you see a physician, for the former a
psychologist! Dan

"George" wrote in message
t...
"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the keyboard,
where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George
Nice work. I have not turned one of those for a long time, too long
methinks. One of these days I have to start a friends gallery on the web
site. I never seem to find things like this again when I want to. What kind
of size are these?

______
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS, Canada
www.aroundthewoods.com
"George" wrote in message
t...

Going to school for a few days, continuing education so I can consider my
own type of ministry, so I turned something I could oil up between

laundry
and meal preparation. Oil didn't bother it a bit, and Susan's bringing

home
a box of handyman bandages, including a "fingertip" bandage. Not

tamarack,
just yellow birch. Have to turn some tamarack again someday.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...tmate-Dish.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...h-Opposite.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

George
Nice work. I have not turned one of those for a long time, too long
methinks. One of these days I have to start a friends gallery on the web
site. I never seem to find things like this again when I want to. What
kind
of size are these?

Size, measured while the coffee brews, is ~5x7x3. Your "work in progress"
reminded me I hadn't done one in a long time, so I grabbed a split off the
ready firewood stack.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:40:44 GMT, "George" wrote:

"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the
keyboard, where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Sorry about the kitchen hazard, George...

Might I add that with injuries like those, you don't clean CA off your fingers
with acetone, either... DAMHIKT

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:40:44 GMT, "George" wrote:

"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to
tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the
keyboard, where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Sorry about the kitchen hazard, George...

Might I add that with injuries like those, you don't clean CA off your
fingers
with acetone, either... DAMHIKT

But if you do rub sawdust into CA and leave it on your fingers, don't expect
to be able to use the touchpad on your portable computer. Go to the mouse.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 02:23:46 GMT, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:40:44 GMT, "George" wrote:

"Sticks out like a sore thumb" is the one everyone recognizes. Here to
tell
you that should you shave the skin off the end of your index finger while
slicing carrots for dinner, it'll be just as tough. Not just at the
keyboard, where it's half my typing capability, either.

Free advice, go get your gloves to put on shellac should you do this.

Sorry about the kitchen hazard, George...

Might I add that with injuries like those, you don't clean CA off your
fingers
with acetone, either... DAMHIKT

But if you do rub sawdust into CA and leave it on your fingers, don't expect
to be able to use the touchpad on your portable computer. Go to the mouse.

Insulating yourself from the web? lol

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Conservatory Heating - more thoughts... Mungo UK diy 6 December 24th 05 11:50 AM
Thoughts on sanding Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 16 January 10th 05 12:13 PM
Thoughts Ghodges2 Woodturning 53 November 21st 04 07:52 AM
2nd floor woodshop - Opinions, thoughts ? Folklore Woodworking 14 May 24th 04 09:28 PM
Any thoughts for covering internal bricks walls? jak UK diy 7 December 4th 03 05:05 PM