Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Pegs, Pulls and Practice

Been making some bonsai display tables and haven't turned anything
in a while. But part of the project required turning a pair of small
rosewood "feet"to fix a screw up -make that an "oversight" - aka a
Thinko (the mental equivalent of a Typo).

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/...aiStands5.html

It's amazing how quickly the eye/hand coordination / muscle
memory drops of if not used regularly.

So I cut up some scraps - maple, mahogany, padouk and some
mystery wood and turned a small boatload of pegs and pulls.
Didn't take long before the rusty muscle memory came back
for the skew. With a slight curve it's one handy tool.

From now on I'm going to keep a chunk of wood chucked up
and ready to play with - while the glue or finish dries on a
project. Always handy to have a few pegs and pulls around -
there's always stuff that needs to be hung up or something
that needs a pull or knob.

charlie b