DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Accryllic Chevrons (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/169653-accryllic-chevrons.html)

Paul Rasmussen July 19th 06 12:48 AM

Accryllic Chevrons

Quite a while back Craft Supplies carried the small chevrons in different
colors but no longer does. I am looking for more, have searched usual
places online and contacted the folks in Provo with no luck. Any ideas?

J. Clarke July 19th 06 01:13 AM

Accryllic Chevrons

Paul Rasmussen wrote:

Quite a while back Craft Supplies carried the small chevrons in different
colors but no longer does. I am looking for more, have searched usual
places online and contacted the folks in Provo with no luck. Any ideas?

Not sure what you're talking about with chevrons (is this something unique
to the LDS faith perhaps) but it would help your searching if you spelled
"acrylic" correctly.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

no(SPAM)vasys July 19th 06 02:36 AM

Accryllic Chevrons

J. Clarke wrote:

Paul Rasmussen wrote:

Quite a while back Craft Supplies carried the small chevrons in different
colors but no longer does. I am looking for more, have searched usual
places online and contacted the folks in Provo with no luck. Any ideas?

Not sure what you're talking about with chevrons (is this something unique
to the LDS faith perhaps)

chev·ron n. 1. A badge or insignia consisting of stripes meeting at an
angle, worn on the sleeve of a military or police uniform to indicate
rank, merit, or length of service. 2. Heraldry. A device shaped like an
inverted V. 3. A V-shaped pattern, especially a kind of fret used in
architecture. [Middle English cheveron, from Old French chevron, rafter
(from the meeting of rafters at an angle)

but it would help your searching if you spelled
"acrylic" correctly.

Spelling "acrylic" correctly didn't help when I searched. I can find
chevrons in wood but I can only find solid colored acrylic inlays.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

(Remove -SPAM- to send email)

J. Clarke July 19th 06 04:09 AM

Accryllic Chevrons

no(SPAM)vasys wrote:

J. Clarke wrote:

Paul Rasmussen wrote:

Quite a while back Craft Supplies carried the small chevrons in different
colors but no longer does. I am looking for more, have searched usual
places online and contacted the folks in Provo with no luck. Any ideas?

Not sure what you're talking about with chevrons (is this something
unique to the LDS faith perhaps)

chev·ron n. 1. A badge or insignia consisting of stripes meeting at an
angle, worn on the sleeve of a military or police uniform to indicate
rank, merit, or length of service. 2. Heraldry. A device shaped like an
inverted V. 3. A V-shaped pattern, especially a kind of fret used in
architecture. [Middle English cheveron, from Old French chevron, rafter
(from the meeting of rafters at an angle)

I know what a chevron is, but I have never seen an acrylic chevron in a
store.

Mike R. Courteau July 20th 06 11:11 PM

Accryllic Chevrons

Paul Rasmussen wrote:
Quite a while back Craft Supplies carried the small chevrons in different
colors but no longer does. I am looking for more, have searched usual
places online and contacted the folks in Provo with no luck. Any ideas?

There is a site called http://partyplasticsplus.com/ that sells a bunch
of stuff some of which sports acrylic chevrons. They may be able to
direct you to a supplier. They either make it themselves or have it
made, either way, I could be a lead for you.

Mike