DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   HOMEMADE DUST EXTRACTOR (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/169055-homemade-dust-extractor.html)

Foxwood July 13th 06 10:43 AM

HOMEMADE DUST EXTRACTOR

Has anyone got plans / photos /advice on making a bucket or drum style
exractor , the vortex or cyclone type with airtight lid , I have a
Numatic dust extractor but want to make a first stage larger debris
collector , ????? thanks ... Foxwood, feel free to use my email
address if sending pics etc.

[email protected] July 14th 06 06:51 AM

HOMEMADE DUST EXTRACTOR

Foxwood wrote:
Has anyone got plans / photos /advice on making a bucket or drum style
exractor , the vortex or cyclone type with airtight lid , I have a
Numatic dust extractor but want to make a first stage larger debris
collector , ????? thanks ... Foxwood, feel free to use my email
address if sending pics etc.

Take a look at this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...dust+collector

Robert

Foxwood July 14th 06 05:31 PM

HOMEMADE DUST EXTRACTOR

wrote:
Foxwood wrote:
Has anyone got plans / photos /advice on making a bucket or drum style
exractor , the vortex or cyclone type with airtight lid , I have a
Numatic dust extractor but want to make a first stage larger debris
collector , ????? thanks ... Foxwood, feel free to use my email
address if sending pics etc.

Take a look at this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...dust+collector

Robert

Many thanks Robert. I am spoilt for choice now. Stu

Rick Frazier July 18th 06 08:28 AM

HOMEMADE DUST EXTRACTOR

Stu:

Though not a list of others that have done what you suggest, here's an
example from my old workshop. It required a 55 gallon drum with
removable lid, some PVC pipe a few screws and nuts, and some caulking...

http://dreamingofhawaii.com/workshop/cyclone.asp

It took a short bit of time, but was pretty cheap, and after it was in
use, I found out I could remove the bag filter for all but the finest
sanding dust... Doing so provides a bit of extra suction for the
longest run in the shop.