DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   " Lay or Lay 'th" (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/157171-lay-lay-th.html)

Steve DeMars May 12th 06 02:43 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

So how is it pronounced?

M.J. May 12th 06 03:22 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

"Steve DeMars" wrote in message
news:ph09g.62006$5Z.19635@dukeread02...
So how is it pronounced?

When I'm going to bed it's "Lay"
When I'm turning it's Lay"th"
--

Regards,
M.J. (Mike) Orr
http://members.shaw.ca/approachingart

mac davis May 12th 06 04:08 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

On Fri, 12 May 2006 08:43:10 -0500, "Steve DeMars" wrote:

So how is it pronounced?

mon-ey vac-uuumm
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Leo Lichtman May 12th 06 04:25 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

"M.J." wrote:
When I'm going to bed it's "Lay"
When I'm turning it's Lay"th"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You must be luckier in bed than I am. When I go to bed in's "lie."

LRod May 12th 06 09:04 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

On Fri, 12 May 2006 08:43:10 -0500, "Steve DeMars"
wrote:

So how is it pronounced?

Never heard it pronounced any other way than "laythe". But then I
never heard kiln pronounced without the "n" until I heard Bob Vila
doing it. Maybe that it was him doing it resolves the conundrum.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Tom Storey May 13th 06 07:02 AM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"M.J." wrote:
When I'm going to bed it's "Lay"
When I'm turning it's Lay"th"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You must be luckier in bed than I am. When I go to bed in's "lie."

I love it! Me too Leo!

M.J. May 13th 06 03:15 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"M.J." wrote:
When I'm going to bed it's "Lay"
When I'm turning it's Lay"th"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You must be luckier in bed than I am. When I go to bed in's "lie."

A smile and a box of chocolates should go a long way towards getting you
Lay"d" more often Leo.... ;^)

Arch May 13th 06 03:34 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

Mike's right, Leo. But don't forget the old quote: "candy's dandy, but
liquor's quicker". :)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Darrell Feltmate May 13th 06 09:15 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

Thing is, when I hear men say they always go to bed to "lay" I find they
always "lie" :-)

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
www.aroundthewoods.com

"M.J." wrote in message

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message

"M.J." wrote:
When I'm going to bed it's "Lay"
When I'm turning it's Lay"th"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

M.J. May 13th 06 09:53 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Thing is, when I hear men say they always go to bed to "lay" I find they
always "lie" :-)

God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
www.aroundthewoods.com

Me.....? I'm not going to hang around at bed time to corroborate their
story..... But if I ever decide to..... I'll make a note...... Chuckle

George May 13th 06 09:59 PM

" Lay or Lay 'th"

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
Thing is, when I hear men say they always go to bed to "lay" I find they
always "lie" :-)

Always wondered why they call it "sleeping," myself.

Have also had a lot of folks refer to the "lath."