DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   tools for hollow forms? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/151660-tools-hollow-forms.html)

Dave Edge April 1st 06 09:24 PM

tools for hollow forms?

I have always wanted to try turning hollow forms, but as a student
there seems to be a bit of a shortage of "money". Apparently, it
doesn't grow on trees. I'm looking for a bit of direction, can I make
the tools I need to make hollow forms? How does one do it? I've been
looking, but I cant seem to find any information on the subject.

A kick in the right direction would be a great help.

Richard Stapley April 1st 06 10:01 PM

tools for hollow forms?

Dave I have some hints and tips on making Tools for Hollow Forms on my web
site

http://www.laymar-crafts.co.uk

RVS

ups.com...

Steven Raphael April 1st 06 10:11 PM

tools for hollow forms?

You could look at Darrell Feltmates site. His site also has numerous other
tips on making your own tools. URL is as follows.

http://aroundthewoods.com/index.shtml

ups.com...

Ken Moon April 1st 06 10:22 PM

tools for hollow forms?

"Dave Edge" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have always wanted to try turning hollow forms, but as a student
there seems to be a bit of a shortage of "money". Apparently, it
doesn't grow on trees. I'm looking for a bit of direction, can I make
the tools I need to make hollow forms? How does one do it? I've been
looking, but I cant seem to find any information on the subject.

A kick in the right direction would be a great help.

====================

Try the web site of Darrell Feltmate: www.aroundthewoods.com . He has a
section on making tools. You can make an Oland tool for hollow forms, and
general turning work, for under $10.00. If you can find a piece steel rod
about 5/8 -3/4 inch dia by about 12- 18 inches long, and a worn out 1/4 or
3/8 inch HSS drill bit. you have all the material you need to get started.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Dave Edge April 1st 06 10:43 PM

tools for hollow forms?

Thanks! These sites are excellent.

Walt & Jenne Ahlgrim April 2nd 06 06:37 AM

tools for hollow forms?

Look at this site and google ( woodturning "J. Paul Fennell " )
He does great work with low cost tools.
http://www.carolinamountainwoodturne...l_handle.shtml