Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Archaeology of Wooden Bowl

I am about to order a book called Wooden Bowl: Archaeology of the Wooden
Bowl in Britain and the Techniques of Traditional Turning by Robin Wood.

I am having second though about it. I wonder if anyone has read this book
or similar one related to Archaeology of wooden bowls

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

wrote in message
I am about to order a book called Wooden Bowl: Archaeology of the Wooden
Bowl in Britain and the Techniques of Traditional Turning by Robin Wood.

I am having second though about it. I wonder if anyone has read this
book or similar one related to Archaeology of wooden bowls

His web site is a wonderful place to visit. Even if the book is more of the
same - or even the same - it might just become my second book on
woodturning.

Been there, I assume? http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg

In article ,
Derek Andrews wrote:

wrote:
I am about to order a book called Wooden Bowl: Archaeology of the Wooden
Bowl in Britain and the Techniques of Traditional Turning by Robin Wood.

I am having second though about it. I wonder if anyone has read this book
or similar one related to Archaeology of wooden bowls

this fellow blooged about this book awhile back. Here is a search link
that should find the relevant posts.
http://wood.box23.net/index.php?s=robin

Ah, Badger, I know him, MS Geek. I would trust his opinion

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

I think the author spent some time in S.E. Florida, Melbourne area. His
book will be a special read for me in addition to its interesting
content. Publisher? Where available? Price?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch

Thanks Mac, Gulp! I see why the OP was hesitant. At the current exchange
rate guess I'll wait for the movie to come out or the club library to
acquire a copy.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg

In article ,
mac davis wrote:

http://www.robin-wood.co.uk/book.htm

Much cheaper at Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...8619-3982819?%
5Fencoding=UTF8

I order Brit books a couple times a year this way, cheapest way I have
found to get books printed there. I did find a Canadian retailer selling
this book and it was much, MUCH more ($60 C)

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Martin

What I find interesting is that he is coring bowls out without a special
coring set-up
Martin