DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   looking to buy lathe banjo (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/150086-looking-buy-lathe-banjo.html)

bizHB March 21st 06 11:36 AM

looking to buy lathe banjo

im not sure if this is true (correct me if not) but i have a record cl3
and i think all banjos should fit if u use the piece record supplies
for the under the bars to clamp it in place. the important feature im
looking for is the woodfast design that makes it easy to loosen and
tighten quickly not having to un screw a finely threaded bolt. any one
who has a banjo that he/she is looking to get rid of or a good place to
find one on the internet would be great. thanx
~Bezalel

Paul Loseby March 21st 06 01:13 PM

looking to buy lathe banjo

I have the CL4 and got over the problem by buying a banjo quick
release from Terry Davis at www.poolewood.co.uk They are quite bulky
but are strong and are perfect for the task. I have used mine for 12
months now and wouldn't be without it.

Regards

Paul