DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Disc Sanding Segments (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/149045-disc-sanding-segments.html)

Galanw March 14th 06 12:58 PM

Disc Sanding Segments

I know that many segment turners recommend flattening segments (or adjusting
angles) with a disc sander. But I have never been able to get a perfectly
flat surface with my 12" disc sander. I have tinkered with the adhesive on
the disc, tried using different areas on the disc, etc. But I never get a
flat surface that can match the flattness that I get with the table saw or
jointer. Am I expecting too much, or is there something I can do about it?

TIA

Galanw

Pete March 14th 06 05:57 PM

Disc Sanding Segments

Try Curt Theobald's video:

http://www.curttheobald.com/store.html

The first DVD is all about the disk sander, calibration and creating a
perfect ring.

I'm having total success with my rings after this video.

Peter Davidson