DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sealing the Grain (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/144158-sealing-grain.html)

Tom Storey February 10th 06 04:53 AM

Sealing the Grain

I've heard tell that you can use yellow or white wood glue to end seal logs
etc to prevent cracking; just paint it on as you would anchorseal and the
like. Anyone do this? How'd it work?

--
Tom in Qualicum Beach, BC

jd February 10th 06 01:13 PM

Sealing the Grain

if you have old white or yellow glue, you can simply thin it about 50% with
water, and use it as a grain sealer on logs. I've used it as a last resort
when I ran out of the real stuff. Seems to have worked OK....

--JD