DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   some recent work (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/143483-some-recent-work.html)

Brian February 5th 06 02:29 PM

some recent work

Hi,

It has been some time since I posted. I have recently started doing some
stuff for a friend that loves crochet and thought I would post a bit of my
recent work. Nothing spectacular but fun.
http://photobucket.com/albums/e265/bcombs/
Brian

George February 5th 06 03:20 PM

some recent work

"Brian" wrote in message
Hi,

It has been some time since I posted. I have recently started doing some
stuff for a friend that loves crochet and thought I would post a bit of my
recent work. Nothing spectacular but fun.
http://photobucket.com/albums/e265/bcombs/

Hanging around with Hookers, eh?

Nice when you can make something practical pretty, as well. Looks nice.

Leo Lichtman February 5th 06 04:37 PM

some recent work

I particularly like the felt wall hanging. What size lathe did you use for
this?

mac davis February 6th 06 06:10 PM

some recent work

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 16:37:42 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

I particularly like the felt wall hanging. What size lathe did you use for
this?

felt pretty good to me, also..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Brian February 6th 06 07:56 PM

some recent work

Some of the time I use a Nova Mercury, ok most, and the rest I use a shop
built. The felt was turned by hand in a plastic bag for several hours after
doing the whale with a needle. I just thought you might like to see that
some of us work in other media. Actually, that was my first attempt and I
was attending a class for my kids who were learning about doing felting and
I couldn't resist. That was the outcome.

The Hookers like wood stuff for some reason. Ok, that pun was not intended
and I had better stop before I go too far. . . . .

Brian