DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Still Ticking - Mod One (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/143426-still-ticking-mod-one.html)

George February 4th 06 11:58 PM

Still Ticking - Mod One

Ok Mac, here's the dish in dish idea. May not get a lid until after the
Steelers' win, but it will be the soft maple, I've decided, rather than a
cherry lid. Susan and I decided that a heart-shaped lid would look too
"dorky."

http://photobucket.com/albums/d160/G...d-One-Face.jpg

Just linseed to begin. Probably follow on with wipe-on poly. Center
section is one inch deep, total height to the points of the heart is almost
an inch and a half. Would have been more, but the check ran in, not just
parallel....

http://photobucket.com/albums/d160/G...d-One-Rear.jpg

Back side nothing special, but I'm thinking Mod Two may be a heart as
"Feet," with a round box tenoned into the hold. Don't know what wood yet,
I'll find out when I go down to feed the furnace.