DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Happiness Comes in A Circular Motion (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/140369-happiness-comes-circular-motion.html)

charlie b January 15th 06 06:42 PM

Happiness Comes in A Circular Motion

LIttle kids find glee in spinning around. They giggle,
laugh and sometimes even squeel with delight as
they whirl and twirl - perhaps spinning thier
way to pure joy.

We "adults" must finds other means of gettting
to pure joy. Occassionally - we get there - at
least for a little while - turn, turn, turn.

charlie b

ps - adults should not squeel with delight - for
institutionalization may follow - bummer

Owen Lowe January 16th 06 07:11 AM

Happiness Comes in A Circular Motion

In article ,
charlie b wrote:

We "adults" must finds other means of gettting
to pure joy. Occassionally - we get there - at
least for a little while - turn, turn, turn.

Anyone else suddenly reminded of The Byrds?

--
Owen Lowe

Northwest Woodturners
Pacific Northwest Woodturning Guild
___
Tips fer Turnin': Place a sign, easily seen as you switch on your lathe, warning you to remove any and all rings from your fingers. Called degloving, extended hardware can grab your ring and rip it off your finger. A pic for the strong of stomach: www.itim.nsw.gov.au/go/objectid/2A3AC703-1321-1C29-70B067DC88E16BFC/index.cfm

Besides, rings can easily mar the surface of a turning as you check for finished smoothness.

John Grossbohlin January 16th 06 04:19 PM

Happiness Comes in A Circular Motion

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message
In article ,
charlie b wrote:

We "adults" must finds other means of gettting
to pure joy. Occassionally - we get there - at
least for a little while - turn, turn, turn.

Anyone else suddenly reminded of The Byrds?

McGuinn is into electronic gizmos, computers, and music... No lathe's at
his place in FL!

"Adults" might want to check out his Folk Den project...
http://www.ibiblio.org/jimmy/mcguinn/

John