Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Barry N. Turner

Default Square-Edge Bowl

I tried my first square-edge bowl today. The blank was a 5" x5" x 2" piece
of Honduras Mahogany. All went well as I mounted the blank on the woodworm
screw of my Super Nova chuck and proceeded to turn the back side of the
bowl. I was sanding with a small piece of sandpaper, when my hand slipped
and a couple of the wings cut two small, but deep gashes in my second
finger. Ouch!

After a little self-applied first-aid, I resumed turning and finished my
first square-edge bowl, a little wounded and perhaps, (hopefully) a bit
smarter. Watch those wings!

Barry

Telescoping square tubes for e-wheel adjuster? Richard Ferguson Metalworking 5 December 20th 04 01:50 AM
Sharpening buckaroo Woodturning 21 December 6th 03 06:55 PM
Bowl rims, rounding over Bill Woodturning 6 November 15th 03 11:48 AM