Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Makin Sawdust in So. FLA.

Default "Signing" your pens ... and other small items

I would like to "sign" my pens and other small turned products. Since
the items are small, may I ask what some of you do to identify a small
turned object as "Your Work".

I've thought about small, unique shaped inlays ... Branding or burning
with a small metal iron ...

Other thoughts .....

Thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Chuck

On 24 Nov 2005 16:08:30 -0800, "Makin Sawdust in So. FLA."
wrote:

I would like to "sign" my pens and other small turned products. Since
the items are small, may I ask what some of you do to identify a small
turned object as "Your Work".

I've thought about small, unique shaped inlays ... Branding or burning
with a small metal iron ...

I have a small maker's mark that I use on all of my items except pens.
Well, stick pens I use it on, but not any type of mechanical pens.
There' s just no subtle way to do it, really. I suppose you could
engrave it under the clip, but it would still be visible. I use
either a woodburner or an ultra-fine point Sharpie. Usually the
woodburner, though.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Pens are so small and there is no "bottom" that you can sign that will
not be highly visible. Instead I include a small card that includes my
name, pen number and type, plating type, and wood type. This card also
shows my company name and web site.

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

I have seen some custom made branding irons advertised in craft
catalogs. Typically a signiture or mark.

Winfield and Cherry tree if I remember correctly.

You could get a rubber stamp made and use a wood dye or ink instead.