DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Laminated bracelet (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/122683-laminated-bracelet.html)

JYS31 September 30th 05 10:25 AM

Laminated bracelet

Hello,
In an old "Fine Woodworking" magazine (Nr 50 from January 1985), under
the topic "Small project", I found an interesting article from Lawrence
Trombly about how he made/turned strong laminated bracelets from pieces
of # veneering (made on a bandsaw). He then glued them on a specific
jig (with "expanding chuck", "split ring" and hose clamps) before
truing and cutting them on a lathe.
I didn't understand how his jig works for tightening the glued
laminated wood ...
So, if anybody here has tried his method (or another one :-), I would
be glad to hear from him :-))

Thanks in advance

JYS31

[email protected] September 30th 05 04:10 PM

Here's a link to a Woodturners Resource project that describes both
making bracelets and constructing the 'soft jaws' the author uses to
finish the outside of the bracelet.

http://www.turnwood.net/projects/tur..._bracelets.htm

(sorry, can't figure out hot links)

JYS31 October 3rd 05 09:55 AM

Thanks Rjugg :-)

Very interresting topic ... But theese bracelets are not segmented ...
Thus, they can't be both very thin and solid ...

Anyhow, thanks

JYS