Q47M

Default Newsqroup Etiquette

Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Thanks

LB
Derek Hartzell

Yes.

"Q47M" wrote in message
Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Thanks

LB

mac davis

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:10:10 -0400, Q47M wrote:

Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Thanks

LB

well, it's an un moderated group, but I think the general feeling is that if
it's YOUR used equipment and not a business, it's fine.. and sometimes also a
way for someone in the group to save some bucks on tools..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Kevin Miller

Q47M wrote:
Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Thanks

The charter says that commercial posts may be made but should be at
least two weeks apart. Personnal "for sale" posts are just fine.

Naturally, the posts need to be woodturning related...

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Len is it?

I think if not abused, than advertising your used or new equipment for
wood turning is a good thing for the group and also for the one trying
to find a buyer for the equipment, I certainly will not complain, and
there are a lot of turners that can use some less costly stuff I'm sure.

I would say yes please

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

Q47M wrote:

Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Thanks

LB

Phisherman

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:10:10 -0400, Q47M wrote:

Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Thanks

LB

Yes. Best to put the item name and location (for heavy items) in the
subject.
RonB

Yes. Best to put the item name and location (for heavy items) in the
subject.

Also helps if you lead your subject line with "FS:" or "For Sale:". This
lets the picker users set filters. Also helps those who are shopping pick
out the sale items.

RonB

Q47M

Thanks to all of you that responded...ad for Jet Mini will follow.

LB
Lobby Dosser

Q47M wrote:

Thanks to all of you that responded...ad for Jet Mini will follow.

LB

All ads have to be submitted to me first. )
Bruce Barnett

Q47M writes:

Is advertising used equipment for sale allowed on this newsgroup?

Generally (not necessarily in this newsgroup) it's a good idea to add
some keyword in the beginning of the subject line, like

Subject: FS: Used saw

where FS: = For Sale
AD: = Advertizement
FA: = For auction