Jeff

Default Richard Raffan's DVD

For what it's worth:

As a beginner with virtually no opportunities to attend any sort of training
workshops, I've discovered that instructional videos are remarkably helpful.
RR's DVD (by the same title as his book, Turning Wood) is a wonderful aid in
learning how to use the various turning tools. It also makes such skills as
making beads and coves look simple. Prior to watching this DVD I was having
quite a bit of trouble getting good results in a great many areas. Now I'm
becoming proficient at sharpening my tools (thanks in large part to Oneway's
Wolverine system), doing simple center work, and I'm improving my face work
as well. If you are unable to attend seminars or workshops, such DVDs are
invaluable. The only problem is taking time away from turning to watch 'em.

Jeff

mac davis

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 04:05:10 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

For what it's worth:

As a beginner with virtually no opportunities to attend any sort of training
workshops, I've discovered that instructional videos are remarkably helpful.
RR's DVD (by the same title as his book, Turning Wood) is a wonderful aid in
learning how to use the various turning tools. It also makes such skills as
making beads and coves look simple. Prior to watching this DVD I was having
quite a bit of trouble getting good results in a great many areas. Now I'm
becoming proficient at sharpening my tools (thanks in large part to Oneway's
Wolverine system), doing simple center work, and I'm improving my face work
as well. If you are unable to attend seminars or workshops, such DVDs are
invaluable. The only problem is taking time away from turning to watch 'em.

Jeff

Jeff... if you're getting into bowl turning, Id recommend Bill Grumbine's DVD..
He's a real contributor to this group and a very helpful guy...
Check out his web site for a LOT of turning help and his DVD, which I keep in
the player of a 13" tv in the shop..

http://www.enter.net/~ultradad/index.html

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing