Paulco

Default The Big Bowl?

Hei Guys,
There was a website that showed an American turning club who made
their own lathe (using a truck diff I think) to turn a bowl that was 8
or 10 feet in diameter.
Anyone have the link, tried google to no avail.
Thanks in advance
Paul

PCProffitt

I think this is the original link, but it doesn't seem to be active any
more. http://www.proswoodturning.homestead..._Big_Bowl.html
Ken Moon

"Paulco" paulco@iiblahblahblah wrote in message
Hei Guys,
There was a website that showed an American turning club who made
their own lathe (using a truck diff I think) to turn a bowl that was 8
or 10 feet in diameter.
Anyone have the link, tried google to no avail.
Thanks in advance
Paul

=================
I seem to remember a huge bowl on the site for the Olands, inventor of the
Oland hollowing tool. It may not be the one you're looking for, but you can
try a Google on Oland.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.

Dorothy and Richard Shelson

Hi the

I saw that also but to the best of my recollection it was NOT an
American turning club. I am certain it was an Australian Club that did
exactly that and turned a huge bowl. Unfortunately I have deleted the
link or I would send it to you.

Maybe someone from "down under" can help us.

Richard

Paulco wrote:
Hei Guys,
There was a website that showed an American turning club who made
their own lathe (using a truck diff I think) to turn a bowl that was 8
or 10 feet in diameter.
Anyone have the link, tried google to no avail.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Paulco

That's it thanks.
I had assumed it to be US on the basis that us Aussies are crazy but
not that crazy lol.
Thanks for the link.
Cheers
Paul

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:20:56 +1000, "hoot"
wrote:

Give this one a lash

http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/

H.

"Paulco" paulco@iiblahblahblah wrote in message
.. .
Hei Guys,
There was a website that showed an American turning club who made
their own lathe (using a truck diff I think) to turn a bowl that was 8
or 10 feet in diameter.
Anyone have the link, tried google to no avail.
Thanks in advance
Paul

Bruce Bowler

Then of course, there's this one...

http://www.blankity-blanks.com/AWWorldsLargestBowl.pdf

Not quite as large in diameter, but one piece of wood.

Bruce

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:50:58 +0800,
Paulco put fingers to keyboard and said:

That's it thanks.
I had assumed it to be US on the basis that us Aussies are crazy but not
that crazy lol.
Thanks for the link.
Cheers
Paul

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:20:56 +1000, "hoot" wrote:

Give this one a lash

http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/

H.

. ..

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler | To appreciate nonsense requires a serious interest

+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+

Martin H. Eastburn

hoot wrote:

Give this one a lash

http://www.proserpinewoodturners.com/

H.

"Paulco" paulco@iiblahblahblah wrote in message

Hei Guys,
There was a website that showed an American turning club who made
their own lathe (using a truck diff I think) to turn a bowl that was 8
or 10 feet in diameter.
Anyone have the link, tried google to no avail.
Thanks in advance
Paul

That is a hoot - hoot!

I think that is a safe method - the known quality of wood used.
Nature can give nasty surprises.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn