DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Newbie (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/115100-newbie.html)

Jerry Maske July 29th 05 11:54 PM

Newbie

Hi,
I'm looking for a good web site on lathe work. I need to know about
lathes in general before I sink a lot of money into one, then advise on
how to use one for simple projects. Maybe a good bet would be a book or
magazine; any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

Dave in Fairfax July 30th 05 12:01 AM

Jerry Maske wrote:
I'm looking for a good web site on lathe work. I need to know about
lathes in general before I sink a lot of money into one, then advise on
how to use one for simple projects. Maybe a good bet would be a book or
magazine; any advice would be appreciated.

You're on a good resource. Do a Google search under the "Groups" link
for keywords having to do with your questions and see what you get.
Here's the link:
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?hl...ts.woodturning

Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: daveldr at att dot net

[email protected] July 30th 05 05:11 AM

Go to Brian Clifford's website at

http://www.turningtools.co.uk/

Thyen get a copy of Keith Rowley's book, "Woodturning: A Foundation
Course".

Russ Fairfield

RonB July 30th 05 09:14 PM

Also, take a look at Darrell Felmate's site at
http://www.aroundthewoods.com/.

His site has a lot of good, practical information, galleries and how-to
advice. He offers some common sense approaches to making things work
without running to the tool store.

RonB