Old July 8th 05, 10:27 PM
Kudzu

If I do buy this lathe and I think I am. Would you be willing to make me
a copy of the manual?
I am not asking for a freebie. I would be happy to pay for doing this.

The part diagram would be great to have when I start to rebuild it!!

Old July 9th 05, 12:35 AM
James Riser

That's why I mentioned that I had it ;-) I thought you'd be interested. If
you get the lathe, you'll get a copy of the manual.
Jim

Old July 13th 05, 06:34 PM
James Riser

Kudzu;
Send me another email. I have the manual scanned; but your email went out
with the trash.
Jim

"Kudzu" wrote in message
Looking for someone that owns or maybe has used one of these lathes. I
have located a used one and would like a littl info before I drive to take
a loot at it.

Old July 15th 05, 02:00 PM
Kudzu

Thanks Joe! I had visited that site but now seen the manuals on it.
Guess I need to dig a little deeper!
Old April 23rd 16, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Yates American J-170 lathe

replying to James Riser , john wrote:
jriser wrote:

Kudzu;
Send me another email. I have the manual scanned; but your email went
out
with the trash.
Jim

"Kudzu" wrote
in message
Looking for someone that owns or maybe has used one of these

lathes. I
have located a used one and would like a littl info before I drive

to take
a loot at it.

are there still parts available for the Yates American J-170 lathe

Old September 5th 18, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

replying to Kudzu , matt p wrote:
kudzupatchtakethisout wrote:

Looking for someone that owns or maybe has used one of these lathes. I
have located a used one and would like a littl info before I drive to
take a loot at it.

did you find info on this lathe i need to find a motor and new belts

Yates American J170 Joe Woodturning 2 April 3rd 05 10:39 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Advice sought on American Turnmaster or Mazak lathe Rob Landry Metalworking 8 November 3rd 03 05:34 AM
lathe - metal or wood? Rich Andrews Woodworking 6 October 8th 03 11:20 PM