Default Spiral phase plate looking for advise on making shape..tia sal

Spiral phase plate looking for advise on making shape..tia sal

Greetings all
I'm trying to make a spiral phase plate out of plastic (see link below). I have all the tools I'm just a little lost as
how I should procede. It doesn't have to be perfect or large. The Diameter would be just 5 inches

TIA
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/...ents/spir.html

J. Clarke

Spiral phase plate looking for advise on making shape..tia sal

Greetings all
I'm trying to make a spiral phase plate out of plastic (see link below).
I have all the tools I'm just a little lost as
how I should procede. It doesn't have to be perfect or large. The
Diameter would be just 5 inches

TIA

http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/...ents/spir.html

I think that in the absence of access to an NC machine, rather than
attempting to machine it directly I'd look into making a mold. You should
be able to get something approximating the form from a piece of thin
plywood or plexiglass--cut a disk, cut that radially once, put in a spacer
to maintain the step height, and bond that into the end of a piece of pipe,
then pour acrylic casting resin or whatever you need in to an appropriate
depth. Make sure you wax everything up thoroughly.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Making square holes in thick Aluminum Plate njrich Metalworking 12 November 24th 04 06:00 AM
3 phase electrics jacob UK diy 10 May 18th 04 05:46 PM
router base plate [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 2nd 04 10:15 PM
3 phase 240VAC to 120 VAC single phase? Jack Fisher Metalworking 13 July 16th 03 06:49 PM
Phase converter balancing Karl Townsend Metalworking 7 July 13th 03 01:48 AM