DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   You've got to check out this vase on ebay (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/109643-youve-got-check-out-vase-ebay.html)

john smith June 11th 05 05:28 PM

You've got to check out this vase on ebay

You'll never see this at any woodturning symposium. This is not your
average turned vase.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=8198152088

David June 11th 05 05:31 PM

Imagine how many times a day you'd have to add water to keep the flowers
fresh!

Dave

Leif Thorvaldson June 11th 05 06:13 PM

"john smith" wrote in message
You'll never see this at any woodturning symposium. This is not your
average turned vase.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=8198152088

Put a high enough price on it and they will come! Amazing what these
Aussies can do on a mini-lathe! He cheated though. Notice the "rebar"
(structural steel?) holding up one side of it at the bottom.*G*

Leif

Robatoy June 11th 05 07:08 PM

john smith wrote:

You'll never see this at any woodturning symposium. This is not your
average turned vase.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=8198152088

That concept doesn't hold water.

Ken Moon June 11th 05 08:29 PM

"Dave W" wrote in message
Really nice. Based on the starting price, I don't think he/she really
wants to sell it.

==========================

But if he does, he won't have to work all next year! {:-)

Ken Moon
Weberville, TX.

mike hide June 11th 05 08:36 PM

"Ken Moon" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dave W" wrote in message
Really nice. Based on the starting price, I don't think he/she really
wants to sell it.

==========================

But if he does, he won't have to work all next year! {:-)

Ken Moon
Weberville, TX.

If he's a woodworker by trade he's even luckier he won't have to work for
the next twenty years .....mjh

Dan Bollinger June 11th 05 09:00 PM

If he's a woodworker by trade he's even luckier he won't have to work for
the next twenty years .....mjh

Nah, he'll keep turning until the money runs out. ;)

Ya, I know, old joke. Dan

Kevin Miller June 11th 05 09:24 PM

Dan Bollinger wrote:
Flowers hell! This 'vase' is larger enought to hold an ornamental tree.
It's 5' high and 4' in diameter.

Yeah, but it would leak. What ever happened to quality? ;-)

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

JLarsson June 11th 05 11:06 PM

Dave W wrote:
Really nice. Based on the starting price, I don't think he/she really wants
to sell it.

Yeah - but how much does it cost to post an item for auction if no one
bids? Maybe he's getting some cheap advertising.

JLarsson

Mike in Idaho June 11th 05 11:20 PM

$4.80 (USD) to list it (plus gallery fees or any other add ons). But
if he sold it the fees are over $2000.

Mike

Bill R June 11th 05 11:35 PM

"Dan Bollinger" wrote in message
Flowers hell! This 'vase' is larger enought to hold an ornamental tree.
It's 5' high and 4' in diameter.

Consider if he/she used an Oland tool. 5' of overhang (don't give away
leverage) say 20' shaft with handle behind the rest and a pair of binoculars
mounted off the front of the handle to see what is happening at the tip.

Now that would be some tool.

BillR

Dhakala June 12th 05 12:39 AM

"Measuring almost 5' foot high and 4' foot in diameter, this huge vase
is large enough to fit an adult."

It's in the wrong eBay category.

* All Categories
* Everything Else
* Funeral & Cemetery
* Caskets

skeezics June 13th 05 10:45 PM

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:28:49 GMT, "john smith"
wrote:

You'll never see this at any woodturning symposium. This is not your
average turned vase.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=8198152088

yabut if it sells I think maybe I'm gonna start lookin parts for a
humongus lathe! hmmmm.... where might i get a chuck that fits the
power take off on an old tractor? and how might i convert some I-beams
into scrapers? lol... gonna need a king size grinder too i guess...
guess I'll stick with the mini...grumble grumble mumble spit

skeez