DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   My First attempts at Segmented turning (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/108988-my-first-attempts-segmented-turning.html)

Steven Raphael June 4th 05 11:38 PM

My First attempts at Segmented turning

Well I just finished updating my website with pictures of my first attempts
at segmented turning. ( I'm hooked on it so far :D)
Any Comments are welcome
The link is as follows.

http://www.geocities.com/steven_raph...dturnings.html

tom June 5th 05 05:01 PM

Real nice! Tom

ebd June 6th 05 12:24 PM

You may want to stagger the joints on each segment ring for strength.
Essentially the same as a brick wall. Each ring should be offset by 1/2
segment so that the joints don't line up vertically. End grain joints
are very weak. Having them run the entire vertical length makes for
the very real possibility that the piece will self destruct over time
and almost certainly if dropped.