DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Madrone and Big leaf maple burl (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/105097-madrone-big-leaf-maple-burl.html)

robo hippy May 3rd 05 10:11 PM

Madrone and Big leaf maple burl

I just met a man who is trying to get into selling figured woods after
running the sawmill for a smaller local (Oregon) hardwood mill. He has
2 madrone burls (the big one weighs 2400 lbs.) and one big chunk of
maple burl. They were cut down about a week ago, and he will be cutting
them up into chunks. I got to look at them last night and I will be
getting some. If anyone wants his phone and e-mail, let me know. I
would post them here, but don't know if that is allowed.
robo hippy

..

neill May 4th 05 06:20 PM

On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:11:52 -0700, robo hippy wrote
(in message .com):

I just met a man who is trying to get into selling figured woods after
running the sawmill for a smaller local (Oregon) hardwood mill. He has
2 madrone burls (the big one weighs 2400 lbs.) and one big chunk of
maple burl. They were cut down about a week ago, and he will be cutting
them up into chunks. I got to look at them last night and I will be
getting some. If anyone wants his phone and e-mail, let me know. I
would post them here, but don't know if that is allowed.
robo hippy

what are the prices like?

robo hippy May 4th 05 11:40 PM

He said around 75 cents a lb.