DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   opps! sorry about posting to wrong group! (https://www.diybanter.com/woodturning/104331-opps-sorry-about-posting-wrong-group.html)

mac davis April 26th 05 04:55 PM

opps! sorry about posting to wrong group!

Being on my 1st cup of coffee, I posted some pics to wood turning instead of
ABPW..
Hope they get stripped by most servers.. sorry about that..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

George April 26th 05 05:42 PM

"mac davis" wrote in message
Being on my 1st cup of coffee, I posted some pics to wood turning instead

of
ABPW..
Hope they get stripped by most servers.. sorry about that..

None of the binaries get picked up by my ISP, but yours came through here.

Did you try the CA soak around the pith? I've found it a big help, but it
does sort of restrict you to a surface finish of some sort.

mac davis April 26th 05 08:37 PM

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:42:03 -0400, "George" george@least wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
Being on my 1st cup of coffee, I posted some pics to wood turning instead

of
ABPW..
Hope they get stripped by most servers.. sorry about that..

None of the binaries get picked up by my ISP, but yours came through here.

Did you try the CA soak around the pith? I've found it a big help, but it
does sort of restrict you to a surface finish of some sort.

I posted again in the right group.. *blush*

Didn't try a soak, but before I put it in the paper bag, I used thick CA on the
cracks and gaps and thin on the places where I thought it might check.. (knots,
etc.)
It was a piece of junk wood, mostly pith, but I wanted to see how big the lathe
would handle and loved the colors in the plum..