DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Rabbits (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/9947-rabbits.html)

Kevin Rayner July 9th 04 09:43 PM

Rabbits

What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

Thanks

Kevin

Mary Fisher July 9th 04 09:46 PM

Rabbits

"Kevin Rayner" wrote in message
What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch

stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

You're a good and loving father.

I'd let them make their bid for freedom ... but I'm a terrible 'ard woman

Mary

Thanks

Kevin

Ian Stirling July 9th 04 10:21 PM

Rabbits

Kevin Rayner wrote:
What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

6" layer of concrete.

Colin Wilson July 9th 04 10:26 PM

Rabbits

What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

I would have thought anything smaller than wabbit sized holes :-}

G&M July 9th 04 10:36 PM

Rabbits

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Kevin Rayner wrote:
What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit

hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

6" layer of concrete.

Is that underneath or on top of the little buggers ?

Andy Hall July 9th 04 10:52 PM

Rabbits

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:43:25 +0100, "Kevin Rayner"
wrote:

What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

Thanks

Kevin

When we had a rabbit and a guinea pig, I made a wooden hutch where I
lined the interior with acrylic sheet cut to size and siliconed in
place.

Hay and bedding material were put inside in the usual way.

There were no attempts at chewing or escape and it was very easy to
keep clean and hygienic.

I wouldn't put mesh as the floor of a hutch with nothing underneath -
that would be pretty uncomfortable for the rabbit. If on a surface
such as wood you are going to have problems of bits getting caught
underneath the mesh

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Andrew Mawson July 9th 04 11:03 PM

Rabbits

"Kevin Rayner" wrote in message
What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch

stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

Thanks

Kevin

We used 1" mesh buried 6" but eventually they got through it and created a
vast warren, only discovered when the wife was out planting plants and broke
into their sitting room (well that's what she said it was!). They never
actually made a bid for freedom, just dissapeared for the odd day or two.
Eventually one died down the hole which created a bit of upset

Andrew Mawson

The Natural Philosopher July 10th 04 12:10 AM

Rabbits

Kevin Rayner wrote:

What size mesh would I have to put on the bottom of my sons' rabbit hutch to
stop the little buggers digging their way out, rabbits that is.

Mesh size is not so imporatnt as depth. Go down a foot at least.

Thanks

Kevin