Al Reynolds

Default Anyone used "Faithfull" tools? (PC50 Tube Cutter)

Hello,

I need a tube cutter for cutting steel handrail tube (the
sort used in KeeKlamp handrails). I can't find anything
in local sheds, and the one plumber's merchant I rang
didn't have one, so I'm looking online.

Amazon have a "Faithfull PC50 Tube Cutter (Steel)" for
about £50 at http://tinyurl.com/2qbcc. I wouldn't mind
paying that much as I have quite a lot of cutting to do, as
long as it'll do the job. I need to cut steel tube with an
outer diameter 33.7mm and tube wall thickness 4.4mm.

Has anyone used this tool?

Thanks in advance,
Al Reynolds

Al Reynolds

I've now found their website at http://www.faithfulltools.co.uk/
(don't know how I couldn't find it before), so I've emailed them
to ask about suitability.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone else has used this tool
though,

Al

Grunff

Al Reynolds wrote:

I need a tube cutter for cutting steel handrail tube (the
sort used in KeeKlamp handrails). I can't find anything
in local sheds, and the one plumber's merchant I rang
didn't have one, so I'm looking online.

Amazon have a "Faithfull PC50 Tube Cutter (Steel)" for
about £50 at http://tinyurl.com/2qbcc. I wouldn't mind
paying that much as I have quite a lot of cutting to do, as
long as it'll do the job. I need to cut steel tube with an
outer diameter 33.7mm and tube wall thickness 4.4mm.

If you have £50 to spend, look around for a suitably priced cutoff saw,
either a crappy new one like:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64811&item=3826014 991&rd=1
or a good quality second hand one like:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64810&item=3825715 343&rd=1

This will be much easier and quicker to use than the pipe cutter.

--
Grunff
Dave Plowman (News)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64811&item=3820149 91&rd=1
or a good quality second hand one like:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64810&item=3825715 343&rd=1

This will be much easier and quicker to use than the pipe cutter.

The second one, the Makita, looks more like a standard hand held circular
saw to me.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Grunff

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The second one, the Makita, looks more like a standard hand held circular
saw to me.

I see what you mean, but it isn't. The baseplate is actually the cutting
table. To the right of the picture, the little plane tail thing is the
handle for the work clamp. It is definitely a chop-style cutoff saw,
just a bad picture ;-)

--
Grunff

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Grunff wrote:
The second one, the Makita, looks more like a standard hand held
circular saw to me.

I see what you mean, but it isn't. The baseplate is actually the cutting
table. To the right of the picture, the little plane tail thing is the
handle for the work clamp. It is definitely a chop-style cutoff saw,
just a bad picture ;-)

I've got an el cheapo compound mitre saw I bought from B&Q - now replaced
with a sliding version.

It's solidly enough constructed - I've wondered if it could be used as a
chop saw with a change of blade? I've used it for plastic waste pipe and
conduit, but not metal.

--
*Life is hard; then you nap

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Grunff

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I've got an el cheapo compound mitre saw I bought from B&Q - now replaced
with a sliding version.

It's solidly enough constructed - I've wondered if it could be used as a
chop saw with a change of blade? I've used it for plastic waste pipe and
conduit, but not metal.

I dunno, I have one of each - a cheap sliding miter saw and a metal
cutting chop saw. The chop saw spins a lot faster than the mitre saw,
more like angle grinder speeds really. Not sure how well it would cut at
say 1/5th the speed.

--
Grunff
Lurch

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:28:43 +0100, Grunff strung
together this:

I see what you mean, but it isn't. The baseplate is actually the cutting
table. To the right of the picture, the little plane tail thing is the
handle for the work clamp. It is definitely a chop-style cutoff saw,
just a bad picture ;-)

Yep, and its even got the same fault as mine, the safety release
button for the power switch is missing so you'll need to poke a 6mm x
50mm bolt in instead, or anything that'll fit!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Al Reynolds