DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Colour of central heating water (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/980-colour-central-heating-water.html)

Ed Boone August 8th 03 11:39 AM

Colour of central heating water

I fitted an extra radiator in my house the other day. Some of the
existing water leaked out into a bowl during the process. I was
surprised at the colour: like oxtail soup (though not as thick!) or
like stewed tea with only a drop of milk in it. Is that normal?

I think I drained and flushed the sytem about two years ago, and
refilled it adding some Fernox descaling ant-corrosive aditive.

TIA,

Ed Boone

Christian McArdle August 8th 03 11:49 AM

Colour of central heating water

I think I drained and flushed the sytem about two years ago, and
refilled it adding some Fernox descaling ant-corrosive aditive.

Just be grateful it isn't jet black and thicker than oxtail soup!

Christian.

Ed Boone August 8th 03 05:18 PM

Colour of central heating water

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 13:55:17 GMT, (Simon
Avery) wrote:

(Ed Boone) wrote:

Hello Ed

EB| I fitted an extra radiator in my house the other day. Some
EB| of the existing water leaked out into a bowl during the
EB| process. I was surprised at the colour: like oxtail soup
EB| (though not as thick!) or like stewed tea with only a drop
EB| of milk in it. Is that normal?

Yep!

And beware splashing it on anything, it stains indelibly.

Simon, Thanks for the reply. Is the brown colour rust? Or is it the
attitive? I'm trying to decide whether to flush and refill.

Ed