Bob Minchin

Default Sony TV service manual anyone?

Hi I'm trying to fix a Sony 14" portable tv (KV-M1401U).
Has anyone got a service manual I could buy/borrow please?
It uses the BE2 chassis and is around 10 years old.
Symptoms are blank screen, no audio but it does respond to the remote and
front panel buttons
7 volt, 20 volt and 125 volt supplies seem OK but a test point marked 12v is
dead and I can't see how this is derived from the PSU.

TIA

Bob

logized

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Hi I'm trying to fix a Sony 14" portable tv (KV-M1401U).
Has anyone got a service manual I could buy/borrow please?
It uses the BE2 chassis and is around 10 years old.
Symptoms are blank screen, no audio but it does respond to the remote and
front panel buttons
7 volt, 20 volt and 125 volt supplies seem OK but a test point marked 12v

is
dead and I can't see how this is derived from the PSU.

TIA

Bob

Bob,
Have you checked these symptoms -
http://www.e-repair.co.uk/faults/SY014098.HTM
http://www.e-repair.co.uk/faults/SY012179.HTM

Dave

Bob Minchin

logized wrote in message ...

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Hi I'm trying to fix a Sony 14" portable tv (KV-M1401U).
Has anyone got a service manual I could buy/borrow please?
It uses the BE2 chassis and is around 10 years old.
Symptoms are blank screen, no audio but it does respond to the remote and
front panel buttons
7 volt, 20 volt and 125 volt supplies seem OK but a test point marked 12v

is
dead and I can't see how this is derived from the PSU.

TIA

Bob

Bob,
Have you checked these symptoms -
http://www.e-repair.co.uk/faults/SY014098.HTM
http://www.e-repair.co.uk/faults/SY012179.HTM

Dave

Thanks for the Urls Dave, I'll give the suggestions a try.

Bob

Bob Minchin

logized wrote in message ...

[...]

I have just found this site- more manuals and circuit diagrams than you
could possibly want!!

http://fileshare.eshop.bg/index.php?what=search2

Bob

Paul King