Charlie

Default Size of worktop hole for hobs

Hi all,

We currently have an elderly electric hob, which eventually we're
intending to replace with a shiny new gas one.

However we're not likely to be able to afford this soon (it's more
complicated than it sounds as the gas meter has been removed at some
point) and I'd like to replace the kitchen worktop in the meantime.

If I do this and cut a hole for the current electric hob, how likely
is this hole to be the same size I'll need for the gas hob? Is the
hole size standard for all hobs?

Cheers

Charlie
Lurch

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:35:31 +0100, Charlie
strung together this:

If I do this and cut a hole for the current electric hob, how likely
is this hole to be the same size I'll need for the gas hob?

Depends how big the hole is for the hob you've got compared to the hob
you want to get. Try the phsycic helpline.

Is the
hole size standard for all hobs?

No.
--