Roland Burr

Default Siemens Tumble Dryer getting very hot

We have a 3 year old Siemens WT2100 Tumble Dryer. About 3 months ago it
started cutting out repeatedly (was obviously getting very hot at the back
of the appliance. I stripped it down and hoovered out all the old fluff etc
and ordered a new thermostatic cutout from Siemens. After and since that it
hasn't cut out again.

Today I smelt a rather burny smell and checked it out and it was very hot -
the metal at the back pretty much too hot to touch. It hasn't cut out. I
pressed the button that lowers the drying temperature and still it has
seemed to be running hot. Now it may be fine and just supposed to be that
way but I'd rather not have the Fire Brigade and my insurance company tell
me that I am wrong. Any suggestions? Our previous old TD went great guns for
over 10 years and there's so little that can go wrong.

RB

pjdesign

"Roland Burr" wrote in message
[...]

Is the fan still running?
Baz

Roland Burr

"pjdesign" wrote in message
news

[...]

Err, what fan? Ther's just a big round element at the back of the drum which
then rotates nicely. I have never been aware of a fan in there...

RB

pjdesign

"Roland Burr" wrote in message
"pjdesign" wrote in message
news

[...]

On the tumble dryers that I have seen, have a fan/blower that blows air thro
the dryer and out the vent.
If your fan has stopped, the heat in the drum will build up.
Have you got an air flow out of the vent?
Baz

mrcheerful

[...]

blocked pipe ?

mrcheerful