markzoom

Default Pipe threads in Portugal?

Hi there,
does anyone know what plumbing threads are used in Portugal?
I'd also like to know what thread is used on their green plastic
distribution pipe (mains pressure) that goes to all the
sinks/taps/outlets.
Thanks, Mark
markzoom

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message ...
"markzoom" wrote in message
om...
(markzoom) wrote in message

. com...

Hi there,
does anyone know what plumbing threads are used in Portugal?
I'd also like to know what thread is used on their green plastic
distribution pipe (mains pressure) that goes to all the
sinks/taps/outlets.
Thanks, Mark

Anyone???

Threads, I believe the same as here. Imperial 1/2", 3/4", etc. Except they
may refer to them in metric sizes. The French, the inventors of metric, kept
imperial thread pipe sizes.

Green pipe? Probably 20mm, 25mm etc. Just guessing. The local plumber
would tell you.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download

Thanks. The "green plastic pipe" is the same as the municipal supply
pipe size but the whole house is done in it. Looks somewhere between
20-25mm. Since there are just the blanked off pipes but no other
fittings and taps yet (I intend to take some over) I was wondering
what the "standard" plastic pipe is there and what adapters I need....
I can't ask a local portuguese plumber coz I'm in GB.

Since you say that their fittings are the same as here, I'm happy that
adaptors (plastic ??mm pipe to bsp) will likely be available.
I have noticed though that many countries don't seem to use copper
pipe at all, in fact someone thought I was crazy because copper oxide
(?/sulphate) or some other copper compound is supposed to be very
toxic (cuprinol?) so I'm beginning to wonder if copper pipes might go
the same way as lead ones in the future....
Cheers, Mark