DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   metal stud partitioning (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/96197-metal-stud-partitioning.html)

Mike March 22nd 05 07:48 PM

metal stud partitioning

Does anybody know what sort of sound deadening material is needed to be
fitted in these to meet the (new build) regs on this sort of thing. As
these walls are thinner than wooden ones - and more resonant at the moment -
I assume they need better padding material. No advice in the regs apart
from a testing company.

Pete C March 24th 05 10:26 AM

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:48:03 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

Does anybody know what sort of sound deadening material is needed to be
fitted in these to meet the (new build) regs on this sort of thing. As
these walls are thinner than wooden ones - and more resonant at the moment -
I assume they need better padding material. No advice in the regs apart
from a testing company.

Hi,

Should be info on the Rockwool site, also two layers of plasterboard
can help, google archives for info.

The stud manufacturers may have info available too.

cheers,
Pete.

Mike March 24th 05 07:47 PM

"Pete C" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:48:03 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

Does anybody know what sort of sound deadening material is needed to be
fitted in these to meet the (new build) regs on this sort of thing. As
these walls are thinner than wooden ones - and more resonant at the

moment -
I assume they need better padding material. No advice in the regs apart
from a testing company.

Hi,

Should be info on the Rockwool site,

Good idea

also two layers of plasterboard can help, google archives for info.

Not so happy with this. Was looking for minimal thickness solution - hence
the thought of not using wood

The stud manufacturers may have info available too.

Not sure who they are until I get some from Screwfix.