DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toilet Flush Not Convincing (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/95979-toilet-flush-not-convincing.html)

TheScullster March 21st 05 12:57 PM

Toilet Flush Not Convincing

Offending article Ideal Standard Alto with vertical push button vertical
flush siphon.

Last year the project was a bathroom refit.
Part of this was Ideal Standard Alto basin and toilet.
I am fairly confident that when I fitted this, the flush water discharged
from all the way round the rim.
Now it is probably doing 2/3 of the circumference of the bowl, omitting the
front third.
Doesn't look too hygienic this behaviour!

Now I know these new 6 litre flush units are naff by design, but is it
likely that the internal channelling has blocked to stop flow to the front
part of the bowl rim?

Any suggestions on remedy appreciated

Phil

Lee March 21st 05 01:03 PM

TheScullster wrote:

Now I know these new 6 litre flush units are naff by design, but is it
likely that the internal channelling has blocked to stop flow to the front
part of the bowl rim?

Hard water area?

I know cistern additives are deprecated, but we use one of the
anti-limescale blocks in our cistern, which does seem to reduce the problem.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.