Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:

"You heat the pipe with a powerful blowtorch
(best use two) until "cherry red" and then
quench it in water. It has to be cooled immediately."

........our resident fool interjects.......he digresses from caber making
with disastrous results.....he says...

Go

.......I have to snip the tripe to save you all the pain of cabering
foolishness.....

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message

Maxie, how is Dim Lin, the Oriental enchantress. Anything new to report?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Doctor Evil

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Doctor Evil wrote:
"GB" wrote...
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
(annealing copper)
That's interesting. Never tried this before. What do you mean by

redness?
Copper tube is naturally an orange colour, so it's not particularly
obvious (to me).

You heat the pipe with a powerfukl blowtorch (best use two) until

"cherry
red" and then quench it in water. It has to be cooled immediately.

Hi Doctor Evil, if you quench the tube straight away, it makes it easier
to clean off the black oxide, however the annealing effect will happen
anyway if you just let the tube cool. This is much slower, though.
Quenching of steel, for instance, is a different matter.

To anneal properly you quench in water immedaitely.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
Hi Doctor Evil, if you quench the tube straight away, it makes it easier
to clean off the black oxide, however the annealing effect will happen
anyway if you just let the tube cool. This is much slower, though.
Quenching of steel, for instance, is a different matter.

To anneal properly you quench in water immedaitely.

How can someone who claims to be a heating engineer have so little
practical experience?

And his invoices must be a source of amusement to the lawyers...

--
*The statement below is true.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
To anneal properly you quench in water immedaitely.

As a doctor, you should be interested in experiments. Go and try both ways
and report back.

And pigs may fly...

--
*Sleep with a photographer and watch things develop

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Evil

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Doctor Evil
writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message ,

John
Rumm writes
Doctor Evil wrote:

he must make some cabers......

Why? Fancy youself as a tosser?

He should do, everyone else does

Maxie, you are a one. Comeding yet again. What would we do without

you!

I don't think that it would change the general opinion that you're a
tosser

Maxie, I am not into cabering. You know that.

You're also bugger all use at plumbing, aren't you

Maxie, I am not a plumber, I don't do drains.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
raden

In message , Doctor Evil
writes

What, you tried and ****ed up there as well ?

--
geoff
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Doctor Evil wrote:
You're also bugger all use at plumbing, aren't you

Maxie, I am not a plumber, I don't do drains.

Good. A leaking water pipe due to your incompetence is one thing, but a
leaking drain?

--
*Forget the Joneses, I keep us up with the Simpsons.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Doctor Evil

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

Maxie, I am not a plumber, I don't do drains.

.....onece agin our master of DIY cabering gives his views.....yes he did...

Good. A leaking water pipe
due to your incompetence
is one thing, but a leaking drain?

.......as I made it clear I don't do drains.......but this not register as it
was not a caber.......yes that is what cabers do to people......sad we all
know.......