DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   pegboard (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/95406-pegboard.html)

John G March 16th 05 08:11 PM

pegboard

I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools in my
workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

Thanks

Dave Plowman (News) March 16th 05 10:25 PM

In article ,
John G wrote:
I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools in
my workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

My preference would be to stick up a sheet of 1/2" mdf and screw the
appropriate hangers to that. You can get packs of assorted screw in
brackets at most of the sheds or markets. IMHO, a rigidly fixed bracket is
much more use than a wire one.

--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

raden March 16th 05 11:38 PM

In message , John G
writes
I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools in my
workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

Thanks

Why not get some thick ply and some dowels?

I take it you have a drill and a saw amongst these tools you wish to
hang

--
geoff

Cicero March 17th 05 09:01 AM

"John G" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools in my
workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

Thanks

=======================
Chipboard or MDF - both 18mm. Use clips like these from 'Screwfix' :

Cic.

Paul Mc Cann March 17th 05 11:17 AM

In article ,
says...
I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools in my
workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

Thanks

There are cheap peg board clips available which will drive you insane as
they fall out so easily. My cure was a dab of hot melt glue to hold them
in place.

There are also pukka clips which are more stable bur are of course more
expensive

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43326,43327

for example
--
Paul Mc Cann

Dave Plowman (News) March 17th 05 02:29 PM

In article ,
Cicero wrote:
I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools
in my workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

Chipboard or MDF - both 18mm. Use clips like these from 'Screwfix' :

These terry spring clips are fine for some tools but not others. Those
usually red pvc covered screw in types are more pleasant to use. Of
course, spring clips are essential for things like pencils, or anything
without a shoulder. If it does have a shoulder, a fork type one is better.

--
* What do they call a coffee break at the Lipton Tea Company? *

Chris Bacon March 18th 05 10:44 AM

John G wrote:
I'm looking into putting up a pegboard of about 2/3sqm to hang tools in my
workshop

Can anyone recommend a product and supplier

Jewson.