DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Screwfix tile removal chisel again (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/9525-screwfix-tile-removal-chisel-again.html)

Peter June 20th 04 08:03 AM

Screwfix tile removal chisel again

Despite the earlier posts I bought one. 10 minutes in it stopped sliding in
the chuck. Lots of force to remove it and it seemed that the end had
deformed and expanded where the tool hits it. Got it replaced - same problem
only this time the end broke off in the chuck. It's only a cheap Chinese SDS
costs only a little bit more than the chisel but I really don't want to bin
it unnecessarily. Does anyone know if it is possible to get the tool apart
to remove the broken end? (well obviously it is, but has anyone done it and
know how)
Thanks

Lurch June 20th 04 02:05 PM

Screwfix tile removal chisel again

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:03:27 GMT, "Peter"
strung together this:

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the tool apart
to remove the broken end? (well obviously it is, but has anyone done it and
know how)

Yep, AFAICR it was a random taking apart of various parts until the
snapped off bit came out, then reverse the process to re-assemble!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

dave June 21st 04 03:04 AM

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 07:03:27 GMT, "Peter"
strung together this:

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the tool apart
to remove the broken end? (well obviously it is, but has anyone done it

and
know how)

Yep, AFAICR it was a random taking apart of various parts until the
snapped off bit came out, then reverse the process to re-assemble!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

IIRC I unscrewed the end piece where the drill fits into the chuck but be
careful because the bearings (I think) for the chuck will fall out. I also
had the problem with this chisel but I decided to gently sand it down on my
belt sander. it's never given me any more problems since.