paulend

Default heating system

I am looking at how to design a heating system and there are a few
things that I need help on. If I have the heat loss from a room(W) the
desired temperature of the room(c) how would I get from those figures
back to a flow/return temperature in the radiator?

I know that the rads are designed on a 50 degree temp difference
between the ambient air and the mean water temp in the rad, and that
mean water temp is made up from the flow/return temps but if I was
looking at the design of the initial heat source would I just design
for an approximate heat output and then size the rad around this output
or are there some definite calcs that can be done.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Doctor Evil

"paulend" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking at how to design a heating system and there are a few
things that I need help on. If I have the heat loss from a room(W) the
desired temperature of the room(c) how would I get from those figures
back to a flow/return temperature in the radiator?

I know that the rads are designed on a 50 degree temp difference
between the ambient air and the mean water temp in the rad, and that
mean water temp is made up from the flow/return temps but if I was
looking at the design of the initial heat source would I just design
for an approximate heat output and then size the rad around this output
or are there some definite calcs that can be done.

Any help appreciated

There is a thread at the mo' about a heat calcs. That is you first step.
What sort of DHW do you want? mains pressure? Other?

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download
paulend

could you give me the link to the other thread? There is no DHW
needed, it is purely space heating

Cheers

Doctor Evil

"paulend" wrote in message
oups.com...
could you give me the link to the other thread? There is no DHW
needed, it is purely space heating

Cheers

long thin "radiator"