DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to fix screws pulled out of chipboard? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/94623-how-fix-screws-pulled-out-chipboard.html)

Timothy Murphy March 10th 05 07:44 PM

How to fix screws pulled out of chipboard?

The chipboard front of our dish-washer has become detached
because the screws holding it on have pulled out.
Is there any simple way of re-inforcing the material around the holes?
Would Araldite be strong enough to screw into?
Quite a lot of force is required to open the (De Dietrich) dishwasher.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie

tony sayer March 10th 05 08:49 PM

In article , Timothy Murphy
writes
The chipboard front of our dish-washer has become detached
because the screws holding it on have pulled out.
Is there any simple way of re-inforcing the material around the holes?
Would Araldite be strong enough to screw into?
Quite a lot of force is required to open the (De Dietrich) dishwasher.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

That or car body filler will do fine.....
--
Tony Sayer

The Natural Philosopher March 11th 05 01:07 AM

Dave Jones wrote:

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message

The chipboard front of our dish-washer has become detached
because the screws holding it on have pulled out.
Is there any simple way of re-inforcing the material around the holes?
Would Araldite be strong enough to screw into?
Quite a lot of force is required to open the (De Dietrich) dishwasher.

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail (80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

Raw plugs?

Cooked plugs?
Car boddi fillah is wot U want m8.