DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Furniture dents in carpets (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/94568-furniture-dents-carpets.html)

TS March 10th 05 08:46 AM

Furniture dents in carpets

Hi,
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the carpet
where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

Thanks

TS

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot March 10th 05 09:00 AM

TS wrote:
Hi,
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the
carpet where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

I've never tried this but I've heard you can put ice cubes in/on the dent
and let them melt and the dents disappear.

Si

David Hearn March 10th 05 09:02 AM

TS wrote:
Hi,
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the
carpet where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

A helpful D&K book we have with lots of hints + tips for these sorts of
things suggests putting an ice cube into the hole and letting it melt... not
tried it myself.

David

Jo March 10th 05 09:04 AM

"TS" wrote in message
Hi,
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the carpet
where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

Thanks

TS

Let an ice cube melt on the dent (or soak the patch with cold water) and as
the carpet dries it will spring back up again. I didn't believe this one
until I tried it myself on a new carpet. We have a really heavy bed and it
made very deep dents in the carpet. The water trick sorted it out!!

Jo

Andrew Gabriel March 10th 05 02:19 PM

In article ,
"TS" writes:
Hi,
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the carpet
where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

I give then a good rub with the narrow nossle (crevice tool)
on the vacuum cleaner, such as to suck the pile back upright.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Dave Plowman (News) March 10th 05 03:15 PM

In article ,
Vera wrote:
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the
carpet where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

Patience. They will go away in time.

Not in my experience.

--
*If you lived in your car, you'd be home by now *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

andrewpreece March 10th 05 11:18 PM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Vera wrote:
I have just moved some furniture around and there are dents in the
carpet where the furniture used to stand.

Can anyone give any advice on how to remove these dents?

Patience. They will go away in time.

Not in my experience.

Saw one of those 'Trade Secrets' short programmes on TV the other day,
and one woman recommended putting an icecube on the dent, leave it
until it melts away. Worth a try.

Andy.

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot March 11th 05 09:29 PM

andrewpreece wrote:

Saw one of those 'Trade Secrets' short programmes on TV the other day,
and one woman recommended putting an icecube on the dent, leave it
until it melts away. Worth a try.

There's an echo in here!

Si

andrewpreece March 11th 05 11:52 PM

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in message
andrewpreece wrote:

Saw one of those 'Trade Secrets' short programmes on TV the other day,
and one woman recommended putting an icecube on the dent, leave it
until it melts away. Worth a try.

There's an echo in here!

Si

Sorry Mungo,

My service provider seems to miss out a random selection of replies
so I am
never sure that I've seen all the replies or that I'm not duplicating a
response. Perhaps
I should get a bette service provider ( I'm with Onetel ),

Andy.