DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy Tyvex or Builders Paper? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/94006-where-buy-tyvex-builders-paper.html)

Gavin March 7th 05 08:29 AM

Where to buy Tyvex or Builders Paper?

Can somebody point in the direction where I can buy Tyvex or ordinary
builders paper? Do the normal sheds sell this stuff? How expensive? I
want to line the inside of my attic, stapling directly onto the rafters,
as the roof hasn't got any felt and everything stored up there gets
coated in dust and grime!

Thanks

Gavin

Rick March 8th 05 07:21 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:29:54 +0000, Gavin
wrote:

Can somebody point in the direction where I can buy Tyvex or ordinary
builders paper? Do the normal sheds sell this stuff? How expensive? I
want to line the inside of my attic, stapling directly onto the rafters,
as the roof hasn't got any felt and everything stored up there gets
coated in dust and grime!

Thanks

Gavin

Screwfix, or a builders merchant, you might foind B&Q do it.

Rick

tony green March 8th 05 10:32 PM

wrote:

Can somebody point in the direction where I can buy Tyvex or ordinary
builders paper? Do the normal sheds sell this stuff? How expensive? I
want to line the inside of my attic, stapling directly onto the rafters,
as the roof hasn't got any felt and everything stored up there gets
coated in dust and grime!

Thanks

Gavin

Screwfix, or a builders merchant, you might foind B&Q do it.

Rick

Try roofing supplier

Pete C March 8th 05 10:50 PM

wrote:

Can somebody point in the direction where I can buy Tyvex or ordinary
builders paper? Do the normal sheds sell this stuff? How expensive? I
want to line the inside of my attic, stapling directly onto the rafters,
as the roof hasn't got any felt and everything stored up there gets
coated in dust and grime!

Hi,

Try looking for 'vapour permeable membrane' or 'breather membrane'

Ask your local BM (builders merchant) if they have it and for details,
it should have a BBA number which certifes it's use:

http://www.bbacerts.co.uk/
http://www.bbacerts.co.uk/query.idq?...iSort=FileName[a]

the manufacturer will also be able to advise on it's suitability.

BTW Jewson must do it, it features in one of their guides, p27:

http://www.jewson.co.uk/en/download/brochure/category/roofing/RoofingCatalogue.pdf

also CW Berry do it:

http://www.cwberry.com/EPB2.01/00-index/00-product/02-construction/flat-roofing.ht

cheers,
Pete.

Gavin March 9th 05 09:37 AM

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the suggestions, off to Jewson's we go :-)

cheers

Gavin