DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   narrow baths (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/93836-narrow-baths.html)

[email protected] March 5th 05 05:56 PM

narrow baths

I live in a typical modern house which is spacious enough for my needs
apart from its stupid design which means two key rooms - the kitchen
and bathroom - are far too small. I am thinking of replacing the
horrible bathroom, but can anyone recommend a shop or internet address
which supplies narrow baths? The normal length one would be fine: it's
just the width I am concerned about.
Ros

Owain March 5th 05 09:19 PM

wrote:
I live in a typical modern house which is spacious enough for my needs
apart from its stupid design which means two key rooms - the kitchen
and bathroom - are far too small. I am thinking of replacing the
horrible bathroom, but can anyone recommend a shop or internet address
which supplies narrow baths? The normal length one would be fine: it's
just the width I am concerned about.

I stayed with friends who had a narrow bath.

It was not a good idea. I am not particularly broad of shoulder but once
I'd wedged myself in it was very difficult to get out of.

I think you can get tapered baths, wide for the shoulder and narrow at
the feet, which might help.

Owain

selfbuilder March 6th 05 05:43 PM

I don't know if they do narrow baths but these guys look really good
for space saving bathroom ideas, they're called Ideal Standard -
www.ideal-standard.co.uk

Mary Fisher March 7th 05 05:22 PM

"Owain" wrote in message

I stayed with friends who had a narrow bath.

It was not a good idea. I am not particularly broad of shoulder but once
I'd wedged myself in it was very difficult to get out of.

Quite. My personal fat test is whether water can get past me with out
lifting up a bit. At the moment it can.

I think you can get tapered baths, wide for the shoulder and narrow at the
feet, which might help.

I thought they were all like that ...

Mary

Owain

darkness March 7th 05 07:06 PM

I like the sound of a tapered bath as this would enable me to have a
proper shower screen at one end rather than a shower curtain. However,
what do you think about the look of a tapered bath? Might it simply
draw attention to the (small) size of the bathroom?

Mary Fisher March 7th 05 09:49 PM

"darkness" wrote in message
om...
I like the sound of a tapered bath as this would enable me to have a
proper shower screen at one end rather than a shower curtain. However,
what do you think about the look of a tapered bath? Might it simply
draw attention to the (small) size of the bathroom?

Who's going to look - and does it matter?

Mary

selfbuilder March 8th 05 02:58 PM

Deatils on this came through the post this morning, its a Japanese
style bath with a small perimeter but really deep and doubles as an
enormous shower tray. They say this...

"And when room dimensions are limited, they provide a simple, elegant
solution. Living proof that a lack of space need never cramp your
style."

http://www.omnitub.co.uk/index.html

I was going to pace out the dimensions to see what it would look like.