DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where get cheapest methylated spirits? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/93781-re-where-get-cheapest-methylated-spirits.html)

tby March 5th 05 10:28 AM

Where get cheapest methylated spirits?

Or maybe there are cheaper places to buy meths?

Theres a guy here in Oxford who sells The Big Issue and
who has a dog on a string and a hole in his trousers who
always seems to have a lot of it available...............

Clive

Oxford UK

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
I use METHYLATED SPIRITS as a cleaner in the home and garage. I

want
to buy a couple of litres.

At present my local hardware shop sells it for a rather expensive
£1.75 / 500ml.

I don't see meths listed online at any of the websites for Homebase,
Focus or B&Q. Do these DIY chains actually stock meths and what do
they charge?

Or maybe there are cheaper places to buy meths?

ALternatively I am told that ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (also
called ISOPROPANOL) is a good cleaner but the only place I have seen
it is the chemists and they charge handsomely for it! Maybe there

is
a cheapish source for ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL?