DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Heads up: Multikwik multiflush valve washer (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/93432-heads-up-multikwik-multiflush-valve-washer.html)

John Stumbles March 2nd 05 09:32 PM

Heads up: Multikwik multiflush valve washer

Had a callback on a multikwik push-button flush valve I'd installed
about 18 months ago: it was letting by (water running into the pan)
continuously. Found the black washer at the bottom of the drop-valve had
gone soft (easy to get at: the mechanism unclips like a light bulb). I
replaced it with the washer from a spare valve I had with me and later
contacted multikwik who acknowledged that there's a problem with the
material used for these washers in hard water areas, and sent out some
replacements. The new washers are grey.