DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   application of cental heating leak sealant? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/93302-application-cental-heating-leak-sealant.html)

Rafal March 1st 05 08:57 PM

application of cental heating leak sealant?

Hi all,

I have few questions about application of CH leak sealant

My central heating /with combi boiler/ is loosing pressure.
I had the boiler checked and there are no visible leaks from radiators,
valves
and the visible sections of the pipework.

I added about 1 litre of sealant to the system /50-70 litres/ which
helped a bit, it is loosing pressure slower than before.

What is the correct way of using sealant?

- Add it, let it circulate and switch the system off, or just use it
normally?

- Can you just keep on adding sealant till the leak stops, or is it likely
to clog up
the system and damage the boiler?

- If you decide to replace section of pipework or all of it,
should you flush the system with something?

TIA

Rafal