Mike

Default Outlook Express and/or Freeserve funny

Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from 26th
Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other than
use another newsreader :-)

Andy Dee

Mike wrote:

Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from 26th
Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other than
use another newsreader :-)

Well, you have two problems there. Outlook Express and Freeserve.
I would eliminate both of them if I were you !

Mary Fisher

"Andy Dee" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from 26th
Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other than
use another newsreader :-)

Well, you have two problems there. Outlook Express and Freeserve.
I would eliminate both of them if I were you !

Nonsense. I'm on OE and have no such problem.

In fact I have no problems with OE and am always amused by its smarty pants
detractors.

Mary

Colin Wilson

In fact I have no problems with OE and am always amused by its smarty pants
detractors.

Sadly, most of the detractors have perfectly valid points.

If you want me to remind you how to switch Windows Scripting Host back on
so it can run malicious code without you knowing...

Mary Fisher

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
In fact I have no problems with OE and am always amused by its smarty
pants
detractors.

Sadly, most of the detractors have perfectly valid points.

If you want me to remind you how to switch Windows Scripting Host back on
so it can run malicious code without you knowing...

No thank you.

I'm in control.

Mary

Colin Wilson

If you want me to remind you how to switch Windows Scripting Host back on
so it can run malicious code without you knowing...

No thank you.
I'm in control.

Care to spread the secret - i`ve had a hellish few days in work :-}

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , Mary Fisher
wrote:

I'm in control.

Blissful ignorance. :-)

John Rumm

Mary Fisher wrote:

In fact I have no problems with OE and am always amused by its smarty pants
detractors.

That is a bit unfair, given that we did explain in some detail *why* OE
has more than it fair share of detractors, before you went off on your
hols IIRC.

--
Cheers,

John.

Mary Fisher

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

In fact I have no problems with OE and am always amused by its smarty
pants detractors.

That is a bit unfair, given that we did explain in some detail *why* OE
has more than it fair share of detractors, before you went off on your
hols IIRC.

I speak as I find. I repeat, I have no problems with OE.

And we don't have hols.

Mary

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

Mary Fisher wrote:

That is a bit unfair, given that we did explain in some detail *why* OE
has more than it fair share of detractors, before you went off on your
hols IIRC.

I speak as I find. I repeat, I have no problems with OE.

Sorry, I thought we had been through this before Christmas...

Many folks have no problem with OE, however they unwittingly *cause*
them for thousands of others as a result of malicious software they end
up running as a result of using OE.

I am not suggesting that this is the case with your computer, so don't
think I am having a go at you personally, just highlighting that because
you have "no problem with OE", it is not safe to extrapolate that to a
broader class of users.

And we don't have hols.

Your trip to Wales over Christmas then...

--
Cheers,

John.

Bob Eager

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 05:17:46 UTC, John Rumm
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

In fact I have no problems with OE and am always amused by its smarty pants
detractors.

That is a bit unfair, given that we did explain in some detail *why* OE
has more than it fair share of detractors, before you went off on your
hols IIRC.

I actually think that Mary's response was 'smarty pants' in its own
right, I'm afraid.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
p00kie

"Mike" wrote in message
Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from 26th
Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other than
use another newsreader :-)

Try unsubscribing and resubscribing.

Mike

"p00kie" wrote in message
.uk...

"Mike" wrote in message
Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of

thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from

26th
Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other

than
use another newsreader :-)

Try unsubscribing and resubscribing.

Thanks - but unfortunately didn't help. Hmm ?? :-(

Grunff

Mike wrote:

Outlook Express and/or Freeserve

I guess that's hardcore masochism for you.

--
Grunff
Bob Minchin

Mike wrote in message ...
Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from 26th
Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other than
use another newsreader :-)

Dunno about that problem but you could always start by setting your calendar
and clock properly.

Bob

Mike

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message

Dunno about that problem but you could always start by setting your

calendar
and clock properly.

Bob

That better ? Seems I have something really odd going on here.

Set Square

In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Mike
wrote:
Totally OT but I know some people here are experts on this sort of
thing.

All posts on this group (not currently subscribed to any others) from
26th Feb onwards show no name in the "From" column.
If I enable "Show all posts" earlier ones (25th or earlier) are fine.

Anybody else seen this (i.e. it's Freeserve) ?
Any other ideas before I start re-installing Outlook Express ? (other
than use another newsreader :-)

Don't know, but why does your clock think it's 3 o'clock tomorrow morning
when it's actually only 10 o'clock tonight?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

eScrew OWNS YOU!!! [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 22nd 04 09:47 PM
eScrew Dave Jackson Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 01:54 AM
Funny story about metal [email protected] Metalworking 10 December 20th 04 05:26 PM
Funny story about repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 20th 04 03:35 AM