DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Central heating boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/93003-central-heating-boiler.html)

4square February 27th 05 11:36 AM

Central heating boiler

The boiler in my 1964-built house is now 15 years old, floor-standing,
with a metal flue, dog-leg to the original lined chimney-type flue,
which has always been used for a boiler. It will need replacing in
next few years. I have heard from a neighbour in a similar house, who
was having some work done to his heating, that it was not possible to
now replace his boiler 'like for like', due to new regulations. I
thought regulation changes were only for new housing or installations,
and not applied retrospectively. Anyone know if this is correct? Is
there anywheree to download the regs. referred to? Any assistance
appreciated.

John Stumbles February 27th 05 07:49 PM

4square wrote:
The boiler in my 1964-built house is now 15 years old, floor-standing,
with a metal flue, dog-leg to the original lined chimney-type flue,
which has always been used for a boiler. It will need replacing in
next few years. I have heard from a neighbour in a similar house, who
was having some work done to his heating, that it was not possible to
now replace his boiler 'like for like', due to new regulations. I
thought regulation changes were only for new housing or installations,
and not applied retrospectively. Anyone know if this is correct? Is
there anywheree to download the regs. referred to? Any assistance
appreciated.

google this group for 'boiler replacement' fopr answers